Saturday 12 May, 2007

SWEET REMINISCENCES

As I walk down my memory lane
I remember those days
When I was a child
So different were my ways

There were no worries at all
My life was a carefree one
I never thought of the consequences
What was done was done

There was nothing to ponder upon
Nothing at all to think about
Those were the days of fun
True- there’s absolutely no doubt

Those times I can’t ever forget
When each moment was spent
Thinking of doing those things
Of which I always dreamt

The cheerful sounds around me
Can still be distinctly heard
Alas! A picture of it if painted
Would turn out to be blurred

For years have come and gone
Changes occurred in the picture’s characters
Also there has been a transformation
In people’s character

Today what’s there is there
Time is so difficult to beat
But yes, the memories of yesteryear
Will forever be sweet

My remembrances are sweet
And sweet they shall remain
In the future too…when I decide
To walk down my memory lane, again!

1 comment:

Devesh said...

Reminiscenes ka meaning sahi me exact nahi pata tha....
this poem really takes back to the childhood.....
ab to batana padega ki hw u write it??