Wednesday 9 May, 2007

RIPE..sums it all

I was just three
When I saw it for the first time
I marveled at its size
As it conversed with the sunshine

It had other companions
Yet it stood alone
Every other thing grew beside it
Not daring to capture its throne

Attracted was I
To this green wonder
And couldn’t help falling in love
Seeing it bloom with its entire splendor

Sheltering me from terrible heat
Were its spreading branches & innumerable leaves
Hugging it tightly made me realize
The magic that a trunk could weave

Its affection seemed unending
When I watered it with tears
Its happiness knew no bounds
When I did overcome all my fears

Years have come and gone
Leaves withered and turned dry
But the fruits, shall keep ripening
Never to say goodbye

As I move ahead in life
My heart is full of glee
Remembering all the moments
Spent with that magnificent ‘mango tree’





2 comments:

Devesh said...

ur poems, i hv always loved to read....coz they r so amazing...i wonder how u can write so much....it needs writing straight frm ur heart...n getting a feel of wat u write....hats off to u radhika....
i stil hv ur poem saved with me....which u mailed to me....

Winnie said...

thanx fr the appreciation!!
and tht poem's been posted here too!!