Monday 14 May, 2007

SHE WAS...

It was a part of my routine
To have coffee while reading a book
It was indeed fascinating to see
Those charming girls give me “that look”

Today was altogether different
I reached the place later than ever
And so that wonderful incident
Was etched in my memory forever

She glanced at me through her glasses
And gave me the warmest of smiles
I caught hold of myself
And started gazing at the flooring tiles

Her flowing hair and honest eyes
Made me think of someone really close
Whose love I always longed for
She was the one I chose

That lady was my life
With her untiring efforts and beads of perspiration
She was a part of me
She was my one and only inspiration

The lady in front with her serene face
Reminded me of none other
But the one who left me years ago
Whom I so lovingly called “My Mother”

4 comments:

GS =D said...

hey..

dis is d most touching poem i have ever read on mother..

thnx a lot for posting it here... coz i njoid reading it a lot..

u have made me so much more happy.. i juz feel so good aftr reading it.. :-)

Keep :-)ing,
Gaargi

Winnie said...

@ gaargi,
its grt tht u felt so happy on reading it...thanx a lot!

Unknown said...

kya bat hai radhika excellent work .. vry nice .. and good vocab keep it up

Mahima Mishra said...

kya baat hai bahi...on a serious note.... y dont u write a book or sumthin of that kind...