Thursday 14 June, 2007

I Love Cooking???

Mum called me into the kitchen
Thus, my nightmare began
Cooking was one thing
Off which, I had kept my hands!!

“Here, chop these onions,
& Cut the potatoes square";
As mum gave the orders
The knife stared saying “Beware”

With a scowl on my face
I picked up the damn knife,
What luck! Wasn’t anything else,
Left in life??

Unwillingly I did the whole job
Barely saving my thumb, once or twice
But wait, the ordeal wasn’t over
I still had to cook the rice.

The stove looked sinister too
So I eyed it cautiously
How I hated this business
Words won't express that properly.

I was at wits end
Till all cooking was done,
“Eating is much easier,” I thought
while cooking isn’t half the fun!!!”

7 comments:

Gauravbrills said...

....a good humorous,scarstic poem about a cooking ordeal :) .Though I can cook after moving for work away from the family .,..it's actually quite a similar feeling the first time ..though for me I didn't have a tutor just pure instincts ..

cheers !

DreAmgiRL said...

me too :)
dont wanna cook anything, but love to eat :)

GS =D said...

Cooking



Once I fried a fish,

That was a tasty dish.

I tried my hand at meat,

It turned out a real treat.

I decided to be a cook,

And bought myself a book.

I mixed some ingredients for a cake,

Put it in the oven to bake.

It turned out really well,

I was under a magic spell.

I cooked some vegetables in a pot,

I served them piping hot.

My cooking was a great success

Alas my kitchen in a terrible mess.

Now my Mom does the cooking,

Her meals are of the best.

She cooks with great zest.

The kitchen is again clean,

I feel somehow very mean!!

*smiles*

Pyromaniaaac said...

cooking... aah i love cooking.. especially on treks...Noone to complain eh??!!
:p :p

Winnie said...

@gaargi...that was a gud one!!

Rishabh Kaul said...

you should try your hand at limericks!

Entertaining post.

Anonymous said...

Hey my new URL is

http://milliondollarexpressions.blogspot.com/