Sunday 16 December, 2007

Love it this way!!!

Ever thought of thinking with your heart and felt like feeling with the mind…hehe!!

Once upon a time…
All my decisions were taken,
By sumone whom I trusted
And knew wud never be mistaken.

It didn’t question my faith
You see I cud never go wrong.
So to put it simply,
My life was clearly on song.

Listening became my forte,
As it did all the talking,
Surprisingly, it had those answers,
Which I’d been frantically seeking.

Soon everyone around me changed
But I never felt the need.
Yet sumwhere deep inside me
My heart cud’nt help but bleed

The heart was torn apart,
Shifting the onus to my mind.
All kinds of thoughts lay scattered there
But could my feelings be left behind??

The brain works quite differently
Making the decisions of my heart
Seem like a thing of the past
Yet emotions still play their part…

As my mind reigns supreme today
I’d want to leave it that way
But thinking about it, I still feel
Heart over mind wud be better any day…
What say???

I don’t know why but after a long time I’ve derived satisfaction from what I’ve written.
Many years back…I remember this person reading my poems and saying “Not bad but they lack optimism somewhere…Try being more optimistic”

I hadn’t forgotten those words but never knew how to put them into practice…
My recent works I feel do have that optimism in them. Yeah, somewhere they do...
There is no apparent reason(maybe i dont wish to search for the reasons) :P
But I’m glad but more than that I’m really satisfied…creative satisfaction…
Aha! Love the sound of it…;)

2 comments:

Proneat said...

Had a leisure glance..and dis poem struck me.. Ur style of writing, in which ya poem was simple yet complicated, really interested me..
Each n every line had dat style in it. uve done dat in purpose..or dt be ya style o writin 4 dat moment..da overall result ws delightful :D
Lagey raho!!

Darshita said...

Man your peoms always just describe things that run in my head... good goin.... cheers